Terms & Conditions
- Pictures & Images
- Privacy & Security
- Costs incurred by You
- Cancellations and Returns
- Our Returns Policy
- Offers and Voucher Codes
- Instant Price Beater Offer
- Firepit Offer
This web site is operated by Stores Direct Ltd t/a StovesAreUs.co.uk
- Product information is offered in good faith, but should only be regarded as a guide. Confirm any details before making any purchasing or contractual arrangements. E&OE.
Neither Stores Direct Ltd or any of their associates or employees can accept any liability for errors or omissions on this web site. We make every effort to provide accurate information, but errors and omissions are possible. Dimensions and other specifications given on this site are mostly as provided by the manufacturer and may be approximate (sometimes manufacturer-supplied information is contradictory). Specifications may change without notice. Please confirm any specific details before ordering.
All prices shown on this website include VAT at the prevailing rate. All goods and prices are subject to availability from our suppliers. You can pay by cheque, debit card or credit card. Goods remain the property of the supplier until paid for in full.
- Stores Direct Ltd try to pay the full delivery cost for our customers, but do ask for a contribution towards the cost of delivery for some items and to some destinations.
- Free standard delivery is available for the majority of orders over £100 to mainland UK, except certain Highland postcodes, that incur a subsidised charge of £150. Additional delivery charges may apply for orders to Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- Purchases under £100 incur a nominal £15.00 delivery fee.
- Cheque payments must be cleared before goods can be released from stock.
- Dispatch for delivery normally takes up to two weeks, depending on availability. It can take up to six weeks in some instances, if the lead time is longer than six weeks you will be informed by email of the estimated lead time for your goods.
- Delivery of stoves to Ireland or Northern Ireland is available for selected products only. We do not deliver stoves outside the UK, Ireland and Northern Ireland. You will be contacted before your order is processed to confirm eligibility. This excludes any promotional offers we may run from time to time.
- Your goods will be delivered on a 7.5 tonne delivery vehicle (about the size of a bin wagon). Please let us know, as soon as possible, if there will be a problem with access, so we can make alternative delivery arrangements.
- Stoves & Fireplaces are very heavy. There will be one driver who will help, but we suggest you have at least one other person with you to assist.
- The driver will move the stove to the nearest wheel point, depending on access. The driver will be unable to move the goods across graveled, or unfinished drives, through narrow openings, or up steps.
- We must advise that you check the goods while the driver is still there. The driver is obliged to wait with you up to 15 minutes (for palletised goods only), whilst you unpack the goods.
- If the driver refuses to wait then please mark the goods as damaged on the delivery note, so you are covered for all eventualities.
- If you have checked the goods and they are found to be damaged, please mark this clearly on the delivery note.
- If goods are damaged please contact our Customer Service team, quoting your Order Reference and Delivery Note, and we will ensure replacement parts are sent out immediately.
- If you are unavailable when your palletised stove is delivered at your pre-booked time, then re-delivery charges will apply.
- If you are unavailable when package goods (e.g. fireside accessories) are delivered, the courier company will leave a note, explaining how to re-arrange delivery for a more convenient time.
- If you cancel an order after it has been dispatched, we regret that you will be charged for the return delivery costs, even if the products have not reached your address.
- When an order is placed with us you will receive an email with your invoice and details of the products you have ordered. We ask all customers to double check that what has been ordered is correct, we will allow 12 hours after ordering for you to check your order, this applies to internet and telephone orders.
Installation (if applicable)
- It is your responsibility to choose a product which suits your needs. Once we have delivered your product, you are responsible for storage and installation. It is your responsibility to ensure that products are installed correctly and in compliance with current Building Regulations and the I.E.E (Institute of Electrical Engineers) Wiring Regulations. Contact the Building Control Officer of your Local Authority to find our how these regulations apply to you. Click on the following links to find an electrical engineer or plumber in your area:
Local Authority Assured Trader Scheme
Gas Safe Register
Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors
Electrical Contractors Association
We strongly recommend that you do not book a date for fitting until the item has been delivered.
We ask you to help us keep prices low by taking responsibility for ordering the correct item, and clearly specifying any options you require.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure the fitters are suitably qualified to fit their product. If you are unsure then we recommend checking on the HETAS or Gas Safe approved web sites.
Pictures & Images
- All sizes and measurements are approximate. We do however try to ensure that all sizes, measurements and images on the web site are as accurate as possible. All pictures on the web sites are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself. Colours may vary to those illustrated and can look different on other computer screens. We never knowingly publish misleading or incorrect product descriptions or images.
Privacy & Security
- All personal details that you give us are securely stored. We will never supply or sell any customers details to any outside organisation. We do not store any credit or debit card details. All credit and debit card details are encrypted using 128 bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and sent using a secure server.
Costs Incurred by You
- We are not liable for any costs incurred by you or any loss of earnings. For example if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to rebook an installer then we are not liable for any extra charges that the installer may charge you. We always recommend that you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are also not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery even if it is late or delayed.
- Cancellations and Returns
- Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (UK Law Directive 97/7/EC), which protect you by providing a 7 working day cooling off period after the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to email@example.com (not to ANY other email address) and quoting the Order Number. Under the Distance Selling regulations you have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 14 days of cancellation or the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a saleable condition. All spare parts are non returnable and non refundable due to being a special order. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
- Our Returns Policy
- We strive to supply goods in excellent condition. Some of our products are both heavy and fragile, and need careful handling until installed. We will repair or replace (for free) any item found defective or damaged before delivery or during unloading. This is in addition to your manufacturers guarantee. We cannot accept return of products which are damaged after delivery. If you wish to return part or all of your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring you quote your order number and the date you received your goods. You must confirm that the goods are in the original packaging, unused in anyway and that we are able to inspect the goods before signing for them. Failure to do this will result in no return number or address being issued. Items returned to us must be sent by recorded delivery. We regret that we are currently unable to participate in the UK VAT Retail Export Scheme. All spare parts are non returnable and non refundable due to being a special order.
- Offers and Voucher Codes
- All offers on StovesAreUs.co.uk are non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, unless the offer directly stipulates eligibility. Voucher codes have an expiry date and can only be used once by the person they are issued to, any voucher codes cannot be passed on to a third party to use.
- Instant Price Beater
- If you see your product cheaper on any web site (other than eBay or other auction sites) we will match the competitor's price and give a further £10 off. This offer is an online only offer and is only available on a like for like basis.
- Price Beater, like for like, includes merchandise/product selling price plus equivalent shipping costs/method, handling charges, and any free offers (if applicable). The item also needs to be the identical product and in new and unused condition. The item needs to be in stock and available for purchase from an authorised dealer and not a pricing error. Excludes rebates, liquidations, auction sites such as Ebay. Price beater discounts cannot be combined with any StovesAreUs.co.uk promotional offers.
- When you check out you must provide us with the website where you have seen the better price so we can check the price ourselves. If the price we have beaten is not a like for like offer you will be contacted by one of our sales team and will be offered a refund. We do not match eBay and other auction sites. This offer is available on all products where the price beater banner appears. We reserve the right to refuse supplying any persons using this offer. We only match Esse stoves if the competing site is an Esse authorised dealer.
- If you do not wish to pay for your items immediately please select the cheque payment option during the checkout process.We can only price beat websites where the products can actually be purchased online.
- Firepit / Chiminea Offer
- The offer is limited to one firepit or Chiminea per qualifying stove. This offer is available while stocks last and is subject to change without notice. Product may differ from pictures shown or similar outdoor heating product offered. In order to qualify for this offer the free Firepit or Chiminea must be added to the shopping basket before checkout and cannot be added at a later date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Payments for Surveys are taken as booking referral fees for a Survey only, not a full installation. The Contract of Sale resides between the Customer (you) and the Installer you choose not Stores Direct Ltd. Stores Direct Ltd and any related companies are not liable for any work or quotes carried out or supplied by the Installer. All surveyors are independent of and have no affiliation with Stores Direct Ltd t/a StovesAreUs.co.uk.
WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations Click Here for Details
Peat Briquette Offer
The half price Peat Briquette offer is only available to existing customers of StovesAreUs and will expire on the 30th March 2013. Please remember that it is the customers responsibility to ensure they select the correct fuels for their appliance and their area - Peat cannot be burned in a Smoke Controlled Zone. The Peat will be delivered free of charge under a separate order to the delivery address of the customer where the original order was placed.
Contract of Sale between the Purchaser(the customer) and the Seller(Stores Direct Ltd t/a StovesAreUs.co.uk) begins when the Seller notifies the Purchaser of despatch.